Division Vice-Chair - Laura L. Russo, Laura L. Russo, Esq. LLC
Investigates legislative, quality of life and government issues that are crucial to our business community. Committee members work on local, state, and federal issues.
A) Business and Government Affairs Committee
Patrick O'Connell, Esslinger-Wooten-Maxwell Realtors
Committee members work on local, state, and federal advocacy issues.
- Explore the creation of our own fly-in to DC as a partnership of the GMCC fly-in each year
- Develop a formal legislative agenda beginning in September 2012 (Federal & State)
- Plan an annual Good Morning Coral Gables breakfast that focuses on legislative issues
- Explore whether the Chamber should support/take a position on such pending issues as Amendment 4, Internet Sales Tax, Overtime Employee Exemption, etc.
- Host a Town Hall with the Dade Delegation
- Partner with Universities on legislative issues
- Designate a liaison with the City for “business issues”